The school community has developed a set of core values that underpin all school activity. These core values relate to important themes of personal achievement and well-being, respect for others and citizenship. The Goulburn High School core values are listed below:
- Looking after and helping each other
- respecting ourselves, each other and the world
- caring for our environment
- valuing and encouraging achievement
- valuing our family, friends, school and community
- taking responsibility for our actions
- being open to creativity and change
- promoting life long learning
- encouraging good health and fitness.
The school is committed to building an inclusive community where all can achieve. The school is currently engaged in significant welfare initiatives design to change school culture to one that focuses on valuing the contribution and achievements of all members of the school community and promoting genuine student participation and leadership.