MODERN HISTORY 15270
Course: Modern History Category: A
2 units for each of Preliminary and HSC
Board Developed Course Exclusions: Nil
The Preliminary Course is designed to provide students with opportunities to investigate individuals, groups, events, institutions, societies and ideas in a range of historical contexts as a background for their more specialised HSC studies.
The HSC Course is designed for students to investigate national and international forces for change and continuity in the twentieth century through 3 major studies.
Main Topics Covered:
· Part I: 3 x Depth Studies, such as The Fall of the Romanovs, The Easter Rebellion, Nuclear Testing in the Pacific
· Part II: Core Study: The World at the Beginning of the 20th Century.
· Part I: Core Study: World War 1 and Its Aftermath, 1914 –1921
· Part II: National Study: Russia and the Soviet Union 1917-1941
· Part III: International Studies in Peace and Conflict: Anglo-Irish Relations 1968-1998
· Personality Study: Ian Paisley 1926 to 2000
SKILLS / APTITUDE Important Not so important
Essay Writing *
Oral Reporting *
Practical Work *
Working in a group or team *
Public Performance *
Meeting Deadlines *
Assessment: HSC Course only