15200 INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY
Course: Industrial Technology: Timber Products and Furniture Industries Category: A
2 units for each of Preliminary and HSC
Board Developed Course Exclusions: Nil
Industrial Technology Stage 6 consists of project work and Industry Study that develop a broad range of skills and knowledge related to the construction of timber products, and an introduction to industrial processes and practices.
Main Topics Covered:
The following sections are taught in relation to the relevant focus area:
· Industry Study – structural, technical, environmental and sociological, personnel, Occupational Health and Safety.
· Design and Management – designing, drawing, computer applications, project management.
· Workplace Communication – literacy, calculations, graphics.
· Industry Specific Content and Production while producing practical projects.
The following sections are taught in relation to the relevant focus area through the development of a Major Project and a study of the relevant industry:
· Industry Study
· Design and Management
· Workplace Communication
· Industry Specific Content and Production while producing a Major Timber Project.
Particular Course Requirements:
In the Preliminary course, students develop and construct a number of projects. Each project must include a management folio. Students also undertake the study of an individual business within the industry. In the HSC course, students must design, develop and construct a major project with a management folio. They also undertake a study of the overall industry related to the specific focus area.
SKILLS / APTITUDE Important Not so important
Essay Writing *
Oral Reporting *
Practical Work *
Working in a group or team *
Public Performance *
Meeting Deadlines *
Charge: Project costs and equipment - $45
Other costs: Major project materials (HSC course)
Assessment: HSC Course only