Here at Goulburn High School, we run a number of Student Engagement Programs that complement our classroom learning.
Below are some of the programs currently running at the school:
- Art Club: This is held on a Thursday afternoon in the C6 art room from 3.30pm until 4.30pm. Any questions, see Miss Wursten in the C6 art room or in the Art/Music staff room.
- Student bands: Our lunchtime student engagement program is where our best bands and ensembles have been created, and practiced for major school and community events.Through meeting and greeting other like-minded musos, bands such as Architects, The GHS Choir, Copyright, Silly Pelicans, Bin Chickens as well as numerous other duets and solo artists have learned how to perform professionally, while having the maximum amount of fun. These bands have performed at major community events such as GCOPS, The Goulburn Show, Bluesfest, Zimmyfest, as well as school events GHS: Live!! and various other school assemblies and events.The music rooms are open to students of all ages and abilities, and run most lunchtimes.
- Morning Maths: Any student who needs extra help with Maths can attend Morning Maths ifthey wish to seek assistance from a Maths teacher. In this time they can get help completing classwork/homework or they can request extra work to hone their mathematics or numeracy skills.
- Algebra Afternoons: There is also Algebra Afternoons to assist those students doing or intending to study a high level of Maths for their senior years. Understanding algebra is essential if students are to succeed in the higher levels of mathematics. Students are also encouraged to complete other focus areas not just algebra.
- Yoga: Yoga will run in the hall on Wednesday mornings from 8.30am until 9am for both staff and students.
- Homework club: Homework Club runs on Mondays from 3.30pm to 4.30pm, usually from Week 2 to Week 9 of each term. Teachers from various faculties are on the roster to provide help to students with homework and assessment tasks. Students meet for afternoon tea in MBlock before starting the session in the library. In the library, students are able to access electronic and print resources. Students are encouraged to come along and get the most out of what Goulburn High School has provided.
- The Retreat Room: is a space created for students that want to escape the playground and have a calmer, more relaxed break time. There are a range of different activities provided for the students and all students are welcome. This room will be open every Thursday Break 2 in E6.
- Breakfast Club: Breakfast Club runs Tuesday to Friday from 8.30am-9am. It offers students free toast, with a variety of spreads, juice and hot milo's during Terms 2 and 3. It is available to all students and run by staff volunteers to ensure all students have access to a fulfilling and healthy breakfast so they can be prepared for the day's learning.